Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 3 - RSS Account & Feeds

I have worked with RSS feeds in the past. I've plugged them into a few online courses I've worked with and tried to get some online instructors to plug them in as well...not sure they've actually done it yet, but I'll keep asking :) I used an RSS Feed to Javascript converter to get them to display within our Online Learning tool (D2L). I thought it was pretty cool and was an easy way for instructors to get students to understand the importance of staying current in their field by reading the literature -- and what an easy and up-to-date way to do it. I need to remind a few people about this...

I used Google Reader to set up my 4 RSS feeds and also added one to my main page here. I do like the functionality of the RSS feeds as it brings the information to me. Easier to read it when it's delivered each day rather than having to go out and look for it!

No comments: