Wednesday, April 20, 2011

April 15, 2011 - MnPALS Circulation and Interlibrary Loan Workday

Had a productive joint Circulation and Interlibrary Loan workday! I participated in the Opening session topic discussing how we serve our online and distance students. There were also presenters from Southwest Minnesota State University (SMSU), Minnesota State University, Mankato (MSUM), and Northland Community College. I think an entire day could have been spent on this topic!
The first breakout session I attended was Circulation Reports and How We Use Them - this was a good refresher of available reports and it was nice to hear how other libraries use the data. Breakout #2 was about How Lost Items are Handled in Circulation. As a result of this session, I will be requesting some table changes in order to clean-up our lost items replacement fees in circulation. This session also reminded me to look at Patron Scrubbing practices. The final Breakout of the day was Keeping your Circulation Tables up to Date - again this was a good refresher about which tables need to be updated and when to make those changes. I've already been able to make a few changes in the tables with information I learned at the workday!

No comments: