Thursday, May 9, 2013

ACRL e-Learning Course: On the Road to Information Literacy Success: Putting Students in the "Drivers' Seat" (April 22 - May 10, 2013)

I decided to take advantage of this ACRL online short course to help me focus for a few weeks on Information Literacy and assessment. It was great having specific readings and assignments to help me target those topics for a few weeks. The class was broken out into three areas:
1) Pairing Active Learning with ACRL Standards & Learning Outcomes
2) Assessment & Using Assessment to Create Changes in Your Teaching
3) Learning & Teaching Styles.
I used the opportunity to reflect on activity under consideration for our First Year Seminar course. It was helpful to have to think through the lesson plan step-by-step and consider potential risks along with the assessment aspect. I'm definitely walking away with something I can use and build on.

No comments: