Monday, November 10, 2008

Lakeview High School - Nov. 7

I had so much fun meeting with the Lakeview 7-12 teaching faculty and principal on Friday, November 7! The meeting was a result of the grant I did a few years ago collaborating with two local high schools using an online information literacy course that I created in D2L. One of the Lakeview teachers attended my Teaching & Learning session on the topic and asked if I would come speak with their faculty.
They want to get a "plan" in place for incorporating more information literacy skills into their curriculum. I thought this initial meeting on Friday went well and I am excited about supporting them through this process!!
This is absolutely one of my favorite topics -- bridging the High School to College gap in library/information literacy, etc. skills!!! So it was a real treat for me to get to go and get on my soapbox and really have interested listeners! :)

No comments: