Monday, November 10, 2008

MnPALS User Group Meetings - October 29 & 30

MnPALS Consortium User Group meetings were held in Mankato this Fall. We are trying a new format by having one User Group meeting a year and "work days" in the Spring. As a new member of the User Council I enjoyed being part of the planning process and trying a new format this year!! Change, it is refreshing!
I was the Convener for the Circulation Group and the meeting was productive and on time! :) The break-out sessions I attended were very informative and useful. I like the new format, although as part of the Circulation Group Steering Committee, there's lots of work ahead planning a work day for the Spring!
Sessions I attended were: PLIF Error Logs, Weeded Materials, ILL/CIRC Workflow and ILL/CIRC Tables. I also attended the ILL Sub-system meeting and put in 2cents for not being on the Courier route and how that can change workflows for direct borrowing.

No comments: