Wednesday, April 25, 2012

SpringShare CampusGuides/LibGuides

One aspect of this conference I have always appreciated is that there isn't an emphasis on vendors. This is the first time I recall having vendors on site...and it was presented more as a Technology Showcase than a time to sell a product.  I did stop into the Springshare presentation - this is the company that does LibGuides  and many of the sessions I had attended referred to their use of LibGuides in reaching distance students. The presentation focused more on the CampusGuides portion that ties into LibGuides. I need to learn more about this tool and how it differentiates from LibData that we currently use.
Intelecom was also presenting; we currently have a trial for that video clip set. I did visit with that representative on Friday morning during the Poster presentation time.

No comments: