Saturday, May 23, 2009

Thing 28 - Customized Home Pages

I ended up working on MyYahoo page that I had created about a year and a half ago. At that time, I was getting into using the Yahoo Calendar to schedule weekends with other friends on Yahoo. It worked pretty well and I did a little customizing of my page then, but I've updated it more now to include one of the RSS feeds I have on my blog and also did some other of the customization options within the tool. I think it's pretty user-friendly and was easy to set up since I already had a Yahoo account established. It does seem to have more pre-programmed tools rather than advertising how to add your own. One of the widgets they offer (and I added) is a Calorie Counter - who couldn't use that?!?

I have looked at Page Flakes in the past as well. One of the graduate classes I took this Spring semester talked about Page Flakes so we saw some examples of that during our Webinar sessions. I decided to stick with the one I'd already created in Yahoo, though, rather than redeveloping another customized home page.

No comments: