Wednesday, April 23, 2008

MnPALS User Group Meetings - April 17 & 18

Spring User Groups for the MnPALS Consortium were held at St. Cloud State University on Thursday, April 17, and Friday, April 18.

Thursday -- Attended the General Session and enjoyed the presentation and dialogue about Open Source ILS options. After sharing lunch with other 2-year, out-state community and technical college librarians -- always a good dialogue!! -- I attended the in-person ILL training. Very good information -- some systems work I need to look at in the background and a new interface for the staff to learn! I'm confident they will all pick up on the new look quickly :) Then I attended the Systems Librarians User Group meeting and learned more about the proxy server change over -- very happy to hear the timeframe for the move is sooner rather than later. I believe we are number 7...or is it 9?? on the list to get moved over, so I'm anticipating early in June we will be on EZProxy.

Friday -- Started the morning meeting with one of my LUOMA project members...good to catch up and reflect on that project. The end is near...we hope! Then onto Circulation User Group -- my first time convening, although it was by default as the Convener is out on maternity leave! Overall I think it went well and it was enjoyable to work with the PALS staff in collaborating on the agenda using the Wiki! We identified some good discussion points we can move out to the Forum for further discussion with the consortium. Then onto ILL User Group -- reiterated our situation on not being on the Delivery system and how that can affect direct borrowing requests.

No comments: