Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 19 - Podcasts

I listened to a podcast from WIT - We Integrate Technology. The podcast I chose was talking about how much "extra" teachers needed to learn or have endorsement in Online Teaching in order to teach an online course. How much preparation/instruction is needed? This was coming from Michigan -- a state which has implemented a requirement that students to take an online course before graduating from high school.

I had trouble with the first Podcast Directory I was trying to look in (Podcast Alley), so I went to Educational Podcast Directory and found something there. I didn't think the directory was all the useful and there wasn't a search capability (at least it wasn't obvious to me!) so it was scanning through the titles and hoping one caught my eye.

The background noise in the podcast was a little distracting...almost sounded like people going up and down bleachers and the lady in the background who yelled "You're early!" really made me chuckle!

I have been interested in learning more about Podcasting since a student asked about it last year and a good friend of mine is experimenting with it at work. My interest is certainly piqued about how I could incorporate this into my work. Could this help me with the history instructor who wants some online videos into his course?

No comments: