Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Thing 5 - More Flickr Fun

The mashups are fun -- a term I hadn't heard before, although I'm sure I've seen it, but just didn't realize what it was!





I chose the Puzzle maker since I love puzzles...and again selected a picture that looked bright, cheery, and colorful!





This was posted in Flickr by Lilian Nobumitsu Leao on 2/9/08 and is called Grampinhos.



Using these tools would be possibilities through our library website as attention grabbers, promotional materials, etc. We've talked about creating a blog -- this is something we could add to attract attention. Perhaps a new book cover mashed up or a book title displayed using the Spell with Flickr functionality would be eye-catching.

I'm not opposed to sharing photos online, but I do think people need to consider what they are sharing and why. Pictures of family and friends should really only be posted with permission of all parties in the picture, for example (assuming we are talking about public display/access to photos). It certainly is a simple, effective way to share photos across the miles!

No comments: