Saturday, April 12, 2008

Thing 20 - Libraries and Social Networks

I decided to join Facebook -- primarily because my sister-in-law sent me a request (a long time ago!) to join it so we could scope it out before my niece got in there. I never did quite got all the way into Facebook back then. And now it doesn't look like my SIL is active anymore! Oh well, I'm glad I finally made the plunge.

Hardest part of this for me was finding friends. Sad, I know! I did join a few groups -- 2 "large" groups and one very small group -- will be interesting to see if it's even active.

At this time, I haven't posted to a Discussion Board yet - although I tried! I kept getting an error message, so I will try it again later. It was a discussion about "Is anyone doing 23 things?" :) Okay - I went back into there and got it to post -- it was User Error :)

I see students on this ALL THE TIME in our college libraries/computer labs. I like being able to see what they see :)

No comments: